The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Depression: A Step-by-Step Program
- The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Depression: A Step-by-Step Program (New Harbinger Self-help Workbooks)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is the most widely used treatment for depression for one simple reason: it works. The CBT program in this workbook has helped thousands of readers defeat the depressive thoughts and beliefs that keep them from enjoying life and feeling like themselves. Used alone or in conjunction with therapy, The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Depression delivers evidence-based tools you can confidently use to do better, feel better, and prevent depression from coming back.
Through a series of worksheets and exercises, you’ll evaluate your depression and learn key skills for overcoming it. Once you have your depression symptoms under control, you will appreciate the additional information on preventing relapse that is special to this new edition. This workbook also includes twenty-five bonus tips from depression experts that can jump-start your recovery. Recommended by therapists nationwide, this workbook will help you bounce back from depression, one solid step at a time.
Includes worksheets and exercises that will help you:
• Move past the negative beliefs about yourself that keep you trapped in the depression cycle
• Apply behavioral techniques that therapists use with their clients, such as activity scheduling
• Discover effective ways to cope with feelings of stress, anxiety, and anger
• Avoid procrastinating and learn to anchor the positive changes you make to maintain your progress
“Chock-full of the ready-to-use strategies you will need to help you feel good again.”
—Jon Carlson, PsyD, EdD, Distinguished Professor at Governors State University
This book has received the prestigious accolade of being included in The Albert Ellis Tribute Book Series—created to honor the life and work of Albert Ellis, the founder of rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT). REBT is one of the most widely-practiced therapies throughout the world and is the foundation for cognitive-behavioral therapy and other evidence-based approaches. These books provide proven-effective treatments and tools to improve psychological well-being, while also supporting advancements in psychotherapy for the betterment of humanity.