This beautiful salad, made with massaged kale, roasted sweet potatoes, dried cherries, crumbled Feta cheese and pepitas is both nourishing and delicious!
Today I am sharing this recipe from The Healthy Glow Collective, a community and resource that encourages women to live a healthier, vibrant lifestyle and glow from the inside out. It’s their mission to help others develop a trusting relationship with their body, find joy in food and fitness and connect with like-minded women over shared experiences. Created by Monique of Ambitious Kitchen and Lee of Fit Foodie Finds based on a shared, balanced approach to health that’s free from guilt or restriction. Their signature program — the Healthy Glow Guide — is a multi-week, flexible plan dedicated to providing you with the tools you need to feel and look your best, including workouts, meal plans, grocery lists and motivation from your favorite healthy food bloggers.
Roasted Sweet Potato Kale and Dried Cherries, Feta & Pepitas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large bunch of Tuscan kale, stemmed and very finely chopped (about 6 cups chopped kale)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup (pepitas) pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- ⅓ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup roasted or canned chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place cubed sweet potatoes on baking sheet, drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and maple syrup over the top then add garlic and salt. Toss to evenly coat the sweet potatoes with oil and spices.
- Spread sweet potato cubes evenly around pan and roast for 35-45 minutes, stirring halfway through, until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, chop your kale if you haven’t already and add it to a large bowl.
- Next prepare your dressing: In a small bowl add the following: olive oil, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and maple syrup; whisk until smooth.
- Pour dressing all over the chopped kale and use your (clean) hands to gently massage the dressing into the kale for a few minutes. This helps remove any bitterness from the kale and adds flavor the the leafy green.
- Once sweet potato cubes are done cooking, add it to the kale.
- Pour into 4 salad bowls, or 1 large bowl for sharing.
- Before you serve the salad, top with pumpkin seeds, feta and roasted crunchy chickpeas. (Tip: Don’t add the cheese or pumpkin seeds until you are ready to eat; you want them crunchy not soggy.)
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 salad
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 12
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 288
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: mg
- Carbohydrates: 42.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 8.5g