Chicken Parmesan comes out great in the Air Fryer, no need to use so much oil!
I basically followed the same recipe but made half, and added the sauce and cheese the last three minutes of cook time. The downside to air-frying is the basket isn’t that large, so I had to make this in two batches. The upside is it only takes 9 minutes to cook, so it was ready in 18! Long enough for me to whip up a salad.
If you don’t have an air-fryer, you can follow my baked chicken parmesan recipe here. I brush the chicken with melted butter or oil instead of using egg before the breadcrumbs, they stick great and give it that “fried” taste without frying and tastes delish! To see some of my other air-fryer recipes, click here.
Chicken Parmesan in the Air Fryer
• 6 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat, you can use gluten-free)
• 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
• 6 tbsp reduced fat mozzarella cheese (I used Polly-o)
• 1/2 cup marinara
• cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer 360F° for 9 minutes. Spray the basked lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl.
- Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture.
- When the air fryer is ready, place 2 pieces in the basket and spray the top with oil.
- Cook 6 minutes, turn and top each with 1 tbsp sauce and 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cook 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Set aside and keep warm, repeat with the remaining 2 pieces.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 piece
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 5
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 251
- Total Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Sodium: mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 31.5g