10 Steps to Summer Fitness
Are you bikini ready? Are you ready to get in shape for the summer? Do you look like this Victoria’s Secret model on the beach? And so it goes on, blah blah blah! There is such unnecessary pressure on women, especially at this time of year so I am not going to bang on about it, BUT I know that lots of women DO want to find new ways of exercising (without spending their entire holiday budget!) so if you want to begin a new fitness regime, here are a few ideas to kick things off!
- If you love exercising outside, The Great Outdoor Gym Company have FREE outdoor gym equipment nationwide (there’s a search function to find equipment near you) and they also have videos online to teach you how to use the equipment. You can even use the equipment at night.
- Google your local running club, our local club is just £20 for the year and it includes coaching, membership to England Athletics, company whilst you run and that little bit of pressure to make you actually leave the house!
- Swap Nectar points for discounted swimming vouchers, you can look for your local pools on the Nectar site. If you could half your spending in this area, that’s over £100 per month!
- If you are a bit gym-phobic and would prefer to exercise without anyone seeing, then you can sign up for classes online. I like GymCube.com who have a daily timetable of classes (morning til late night) ranging from Legs, Bums and Tums, Street Dance and even a spin class! You just need a laptop or Smart TV so that you can follow along but it is pretty easy.
- You’ll find LOADS of classes like ballet, yoga and aerobics on YouTube or you can borrow DVDs from the local library or cheaply on eBay to decide what type of exercise you enjoy.
- It is always worth looking for free trials. Fitness First http://www.fitnessfirst.co.uk/try-us/ has a 1 day trial where you can go along and use the gym or take part in an exercise class for free. You just need to download a guest pass and take it along to your local centre. Pure Gym has a no contract deal and you can simply purchase day or weekly passes if you want flexibility.
- If you can visit the gym during the day, then you can usually get a reduction in membership fee of up to 50% by taking an off peak membership. This usually means you can’t go at the weekends though.
- Our local gym offers joint membership with a difference. You and a partner can both join but on one membership card (this is great if you can’t go the gym together because of childcare) and gives a discount of £200 a year!
- If you really can’t bear the thought of going to a gym or doing a class, look on freecycle, eBay or your local Facebook selling group for exercise equipment that people are getting rid of. I have seen a step machine, an exercise bike and a cross-trainer all for sale online within a few miles of my house this week. Never buy something new and make sure you have the space for it before you buy anything.
- And remember ladies, regular housework, gardening and walking to the shops are all great ways to start off your pre-summer exercise regime. You may be surprised how many calories you can burn!
For more fitness tips, you can read this 1 minute guide to fitness for less
This content belongs to the Source Link identified below, all rights are reserved.